Business law, corporations, real estate, estate planning, trusts and immigration.
Is a senior associate counsel with Benson Law focussing on business law, corporations, commercial transactions, commercial and residential real estate, estate planning, trusts and immigration.
Leighton received his Bachelor of Arts of the University of Lethbridge and hisjuris doctor from the University of Calgary. A long-time resident in Kelowna, Leighton has been practising law in the Okanagan Valley for nearly 10 years. He provides legal counsel to a wide range of businesses and individuals. Leighton has had extensive experience counselling clients in all manners of corporate and commercial transactions including Joint Ventures, limited partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, construction, real estate development and immigration.
Some of Leighton’s practice areas include:
- Real Estate law including Residential and commercial transactions, real estate development, commercial leasing, strata property development and strata property management issues;
- Franchising and Licensing including Franchise Agreements, royalty Agreements, Non-Competition Agreements, confidentiality and nondisclosure Agreements, Technology licenses and intellectual property issues;
- Lending and Secured Transactions including Mortgages, personal property agreements, general security agreements, escrow agreements, assignment and assumption of debts;
- Corporate and Commercial Law including Incorporations, formation of professional medical and dental corporations, partnership and shareholder agreements, Joint Venture agreements, share transactions, asset purchase agreements, tax deferred rollovers, amalgamations and corporate director governance issues;
- Immigration including Applications under the Family Reunification Program for spouses, children and parents, Federal Skilled Worker Program, Entrepreneur investor’s and self-employed Program, and Provincial Nominee Program, Startup Visa Class, Federal Skilled Trade Class, Work Permits, Study Permits, Permanent Resident Card matters, Citizenship and Immigration Record Matters, Admissibility and Immigration Appeal Division Hearings
Address: 270 Highway 33 West
Kelowna, BC V1X 1X7
- Phone: (250) 491-0206
- Fax: (250) 491-0266